DefiLlama, currently the largest DeFi TVL aggregator, is dedicated to delivering accurate and comprehensive data on all known Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains. The platform presents this data in user-friendly charts and graphs.
DeFiLlama is the leading resource for monitoring the decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem and exploring the fundamentals of DeFi projects. Here’s how to use it! 👇
Table of Contents
🍒 tasty takeaways
DeFiLlama is the go-to DeFi analysis platform to track the total value locked (TVL) and other metrics.
The platform offers multiple features to analyze the DeFi and blockchain market from different perspectives.
DeFiLlama supports over 3,000 DeFi projects, 242 layer 1 and layer 2 chains, and almost 11,000 pools.
|Tracks over 3,000 projects
|242 Layer 1/2 blockchains
|Comprehensive charts & graphs
|Interactive DeFi TVL and metrics
|Yields, NFTs, Bridges, and more
|Swap and Borrow Aggregator
|Over 10 million monthly
What Is DeFiLlama?
DeFi Llama, or DeFiLlama, is a leading blockchain data analytics platform that focuses on the DeFi ecosystem. It aggregates data from multiple sources and offers a wide range of tools to perform in-depth fundamental analysis of the wider DeFi sector and individual decentralized applications (dapps).
DeFiLlama is the go-to platform to track the total value locked (TVL) on DeFi projects – the most important metric in the DeFi sector. It also offers many other metrics such as market cap and token prices, which are powered by CoinGecko APIs.
The TVL aggregator is part of LlamaCORP, which comprises a node infrastructure, a crypto news site, and a cryptocurrency payment tool, among others. It has over 10 million monthly users 😮.
How Does DeFiLlama Work?
DeFiLlama collects data from thousands of DeFi protocols and hundreds of Proof of Stake (PoS) networks like Ethereum to provide an accurate picture of the sector.
All data is available for free through its website, which has a user-friendly design inspired by Uniswap.
- DeFiLlama is the most popular and reputable DeFi data aggregator, offering a multitude of features.
- All features are free to use – no registration required.
- It has an intuitive interface and offers interactive charts.
Secure Your Crypto With Self-Custody
When you store your crypto in a self-custody wallet, you don’t have to trust that an exchange is acting in your best interest. This is because you are the only party privy to your private key, or seed phrase.
Here are some additional benefits you get when you choose to self-custody your digital assets with tastycrypto:
- In-App Swap: Trade BTC, ETH, and 1,000+ tokens
- Generate Yield in DeFi: Stake, lend, and become your own market maker
- NFTs: Buy, sell, and view NFTs in-app
tastycrypto offers both iOS and Android self-custody wallets – download yours today! 👇
How Do I Use DeFiLlama?
DeFiLlama features a straightforward structure where all dashboards can be accessed from the left menu while the charts, rankings, and tools related to each selected dashboard show up on the main screen.
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the platform’s capabilities, here’s a breakdown of its key features:
- The DeFi dashboard is the most critical aspect.
- From the home page, users are led directly to the Overview section of the DeFi dashboard.
- Just below this, the DeFi TVL chart is prominently displayed.
- This chart facilitates the visualization of TVL data for each blockchain.
- It also offers options to include additional metrics like trading volume and stablecoin market cap.
- Beneath the chart, a detailed rankings table presents thousands of DeFi applications, complete with their key metrics.
The DeFi dashboard includes additional features to explore the DeFi sector from all angles, such as:
- Chains – this is a TVL overview of all DeFi chains hosting dapps, including Ethereum, Solana, Tron Polygon, and BSC. You can customize the chart to show EVM-compatible chains, Rollups, or Cosmos chains.
- Compare Chains – you can compare the TVL, fees, or revenue of two or more chains.
- Airdrops – early investors can explore tokenless DeFi protocols scheduled to airdrop.
- Treasuries – this new feature shows the treasury components of certain protocols. Check it out below 👀.
DeFiLlama Additional Features
Aside from the DeFi dashboard, you can explore other interesting tools, some of which go beyond DeFi:
- Governance – this feature shows the number of proposals by app.
- Liquidations – in this section, you can explore liquidation levels in DeFi and view the total assets that are subject to liquidation.
- Volumes – this dashboard displays volume data on DEXs, DEX aggregators, derivatives platforms, and options trading protocols.
- Fees/revenue – you can analyze the fees of blockchain networks and DeFi projects.
- Raises – this is an overview of funding rounds held by DeFi protocols. 👇