Downloadable PDF: Download
Last Updated: [24/03/2023]
SCOPE AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, CONNECTICUT, UTAH, AND COLORADO
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
SCOPE AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. Generally speaking, we collect personal information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services (including our crypto software), and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations. See below for more details regarding each category.
Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect personal information that you provide to us. Personal information may be collected by our web or mobile application (the “Software”) or by Tasty Software for its general business purposes.
Information Collected by the Software
Crypto Wallets: We may collect personal information when you create an account, such as an email address, username, or password, or similar information. We also allow you to connect a crypto wallet to your account (such as an Ethereum wallet address) to allow you to obtain tokens and use certain features on the Services.
Purchases: We may collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
Your Communications with Us: We may collect personal information, such as an email address, when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys: We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, we may collect personal information from you in connection with the survey.
Interactive Features: We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., our social media pages, messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, and blogs). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
Sweepstakes or Contests: We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information on sweepstakes and contest winners.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events: We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend or host conferences, trade shows, and other events.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships: We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Job Applications: We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you respond to one of these postings, we may collect your personal information, such as your application, CV, cover letter, and/or any other information you provide to us.
B. Personal Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services.
Automatic Collection of Personal Information: We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during, and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
Crash Reports: If you provide crash reports, we may collect personal information related to such crash reports, including detailed diagnostic information about your device and the activities that led to the crash.
Cookies: Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in emails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
Operationally Necessary: This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, improve security, or allow you to make use of our functionality.
Performance-Related: We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below).
Functionality-Related: We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed.
Advertising- or Targeting-Related: We may use first-party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party digital properties. Some of the advertising Technologies we use include, but are not limited to Meta, Google, AppLovin, LiveRamp, Criteo, Microsoft, and their partners. Click each partner’s name for more information regarding their privacy practices.
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
Analytics: We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. These Technologies allow us to better understand how our digital Services are used and to continually improve and personalize our Services. Some of our analytics partners include:
C. Personal Information Collected from Other Sources
Third-Party Services and Sources: We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect personal information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
Referrals and Sharing Features: Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities that allow you to provide personal information about your friends through our referral service. Our referral services may also allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend, neighbor, or co-worker).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. To Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
Managing your information and accounts;
Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
Answering requests for customer or technical support;
Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
Allowing you to register for events.
B. For Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
Developing new products and services;
Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
Sharing personal information with third parties as needed to provide the Services;
Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
Carrying out activities that are required to comply with our legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
D. With Your Consent
We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
E. Other Purposes
We also use your personal information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
Automated Decision Making: We may engage in automated decision making, including profiling. For example, we or our service providers may engage in automated decision making in connection with our marketing efforts. Tasty Software’s processing of your personal information will not result in a decision based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are permitted by law to engage in such automated decision making. If you have questions about our automated decision making, you may contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
• De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information to create de-identified and/or aggregated information (for example, aggregate reports detailing the total number of users we have in a given jurisdiction).
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosures to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are described below.
• Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and vendors that assist us with the provision of our Services. This includes service providers and vendors that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
• Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
• Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates as described above for our administrative purposes, IT management, or for them to provide services to you or support and supplement the Services we provide.
• Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
• APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party application program interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
• Public Blockchain. Transactions conducted using the tastywallet are recorded on the blockchain and therefore are publicly available. Your transactions can only be identified and associated with you if your public blockchain address is known by others. Transactions can be viewed on the blockchain through block explorers such as Etherscan.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in an actual or proposed merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred in connection with such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
• Cookies. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS, and others.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
• “Do Not Track” / “Global Privacy Control.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Additionally, some browsers or plug-ins use a “Global Privacy Control” (“GPC”), which you can learn more about at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. However, if our site detects a GPC signal from your device, we will interpret it as a Do Not Sell request where required under applicable law, and we will also interpret it as a request to limit the sale or sharing of personal information for targeted advertising for residents of the European Economic Area, the UK, China, and Brazil.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
• Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
• Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
• Request Deletion, Anonymization or Blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive, or noncompliant;
• Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information when processing is noncompliant;
• Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. Please note that your withdrawal will only take effect for future processing and will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available;
• Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us;
• Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared; and
• Request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if these decisions could affect your data subject rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail, or by sending an email to you.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
If we transfer personal information that originates in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and/or the United Kingdom to a country that has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection under applicable data protection laws, one of the safeguards we may use to support such transfer is the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
For more information about the safeguards we use for international transfers of your personal information, please contact us as set forth below.